TherapySouth was founded in July 2006 by Steve Foster, PT. His vision was that TherapySouth would be a therapist-owned practice, specializing in "hands-on care, close to patient's home or work". Clinics placed in Central Alabama, Auburn and Athens, GA maintain an informal atmosphere that helps patients feel at home in their surroundings. Having 20 locations, allows patients to conveniently attend physical therapy two to three times per week to improve their daily functions. We know our patients names when they walk in the door of our clinics!
Clinical excellence is the foundation of our successful patient outcomes. Many of our therapists have advanced certification in orthopedic physical therapy, as well as other specialty areas including manual therapy, women's health, orthotics and hand therapy/occupational therapy.
Hundreds of physicians in Alabama and Georgia trust TherapySouth to care for their patients each day. We work with physicians, families, employers and insurance companies to ensure the best care possible for every patient.
Steve M. Foster, PT, LAT
2807 Greystone Commercial Blvd, Ste 34
Birmingham, AL 35242
(p) 205.745.3657 (f) 205.745.3649
- B.S. - Physical Therapy - University of Alabama at Birmingham 1980
- Licensed Athletic Trainer
- 30 years in Outpatient Physical Therapy setting with emphasis on sports and orthopedic therapy
Areas of Interest:
- Orthopedic and Sports Therapy
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Private Practice Section
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Alabama Athletic Trainers Association
- Family: Wife: Jana; Children: Katelyn, Abby & Natalie
- Active member of Shades Mountain Baptist Church
- Hobbies: Reading & Fly Fishing
- Sports: Tennis, Skiing & Horseback Riding