- Mobilization is the skilled passive movement to a joint and/or related soft tissues performed to relieve pain and increase mobility.
- Manipulation is also skilled passive movement to a joint, similar to mobilization, but it is performed more quickly. Manipulation is often associated with an audible 'pop'.
- Both mobilizations and manipulations are performed by the physical therapist to improve joint range of motion and relieve pain.
- Each patient will be evaluated for the appropriate manual therapy techniques for their dysfunction.
- We combine a caring touch with skilled techniques to reduce pain and increase mobility.
- Many of our therapists carry certifications in manual therapy/strength and conditioning/athletics, or are board-certified in orthopedics.